5.7.2019


When I attended my first semester at an International school, we were all assigned with our own blog, so I learned to design my own website and to reflect my thoughts, instead of reciting facts. I used a different blog engine, in which we were freely able to change the background and add our favorite quotes in the given space, so we didn’t excatly learn the how of creating a blog. At first, I was unsure of using blogger, since I was already used to using the other website. However, it turned out to be quite easy to set up a blog account  and I espeically enjoyed revamping the web design.

I also liked the explanation of why it’s important to note our feelings down, and I totally agree with that idea. Since feelings are something that changes in a short period of time, it would be hard to track every moment in your memory, so by recording it out digitally, I think it will become handy when reflecting back on my experiences. Mr. Paterson talked about how our memory is kept roughly for about 3 days. If we type our thoughts and experiences, it may help us remember what we’ve learned on that day as well. In many ways, I think blogs are a source of free reflecting, but on a device that is much more efficient that one on a notebook with a limited amount of paper.

 In this class, I was able to notice the importance of owning a blog, not only for decorating, but also for my future. Based off of experience, I think that refelecting is still underrated in some schools. For example, I remember when I was in a public elementary school in Japan, students didn’t reflect a lot during the semester. The only time we really did, was when the words “please reflect” were written on our assigned worksheets. From this I felt restrained to only reflect when told. By giving students a blog, it would make them feel special, and therfore encouraging them to share ideas on their own. In addition, sharing with peers online would help students become more inspired to improve , which may help with improving on their skills.

There are schools in Japan that are underdeveloped when compared to private and even other public schools. They may not meet the fincancial standards in purchasing laptops for all school attendees. In which I would like to improve my writing skills, so that one day I could encourage those schools to reflect on their learning through blogs.


Comments

  1. Excellent reflective post - very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you also write down what the teacher told you that day etc. on the blog!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

6.23.2020

3.3.2022 - Thank you for the 3 years!!!! (2019~2022)

1.20.2022