9.3.2020

 In this class, we continued to practice our presentations because we ended off in the middle of someone's book review presentation. From the last class, I practiced with a timer and was able to talk within 8 minutes. Moreover, it was the fact that I added my credibility and limitations that helped stretch out the time from last time. This ended up working out, as for the second time I presented today, I was able to talk in 7 and a half minutes. I also rethought the number of slides especially during the summary, because, at that time, I had an overwhelming amount of slides there, mainly from not using any of the animation features that were included in google slides. However, even if I had used animations, I still felt like I was diving into too much information. This is why I reduced unnecessary or overused information in order to make room for the biography.

Something that I am still wary about is my information on the author. In other classmate's presentations, the author was described in strong detail, starting from their childhood until their literary career. I on the other hand had only focused on points that could affect the books themselves, so my points on the author are limited to a small timeline of its life. I wasn't sure if I need to talk more about the author or moreover, about the bias of the book itself and the background of it, so if I have more time, I would like to work on adding those details as well since I still have more time in my hand.

Recently, I have been thinking about writing blogs. Last semester, there were lessons in which focused on educating the new students and therefore weren't very useful to us who had already experienced learning about all the tools that we use in LE class. Then again, we had a class last week that was only focused on teaching the new students about LE class and helping them set up all the necessary working tools for the environment. It would be hard for me and other classmates to try to write a blog about that day, other than saying that they worked on their presentations and such. I had thought that we write our blogs not only to reflect and remember that day but also for the teacher to get feedback on the lesson that he taught, but if we weren't taught anything new, the blogs wouldn't mean anything context-wise. I would like to know if we should write blogs in those occasions.

Comments

  1. Blogs can be on anything that affects your learning on that day, even if I am teaching others or you are just watching presentations etc.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

6.23.2020

3.3.2022 - Thank you for the 3 years!!!! (2019~2022)

1.20.2022