5.28.2019
We went further into the techniques for presentation design by watching a video about it. From this, we learned the effects of utilizing blank space and making it simple, in which I would like to implement them in the final design. Graphs with extra lines and spaces will tire the listeners, hence will forget the pitch entirely. Although, I thought that an exception can be made for the “one last thing” slide, to catch the audience’s attention. Since the beginning and the end of the presentation is when the attention is high, so by intentionally creating noise, people can address their image with a memorable slide. However, if I would make a noisy slide, I would want to make sure it is clear enough for watchers to understand, so it depends on balancing these two elements.
People should learn presentation design because of its flexibility, and amount of freedom they can offer compared to other sources. Though I think the basics of simplicity and contrast should be included in every presentation, it shouldn’t prevent the speaker from being comfortable, or the ability to express themselves. I once saw a presentation on YouTube where the speaker’s presentation was very simple with a black background with 1-3 words written on average. The font is sophisticated and simple, with pictures that have no explanations. Yet, I was able to listen to his whole talk. This reason was because he had a clear story with humor and good structure, that became the captions. I connected this experience with today’s lesson because it shows that first, presentations are a great tool to design with your preferred aesthetics and second, it shows how presentations can be adjusted based on the speaker’s strong suits. In this case, since the speaker was confident in his speech, he didn’t have to add additional slides. Perhaps some people aren’t that confident in their speaking skills in which the speaker can amplify the noisiness of the slide, so that the audience can stay entertained. Like the example slide of Mr. Paterson shows, that balance is a key point.
Creating a clean slide can help those who struggle with their hearing, and can’t listen to the speaker fully. For our final project, since the geographic is towards our classmates, I wouldn’t have to consider those who are impaired in their hearing. However, if a person is giving out a speech to a large amount of people, there may be a chance. Like changing the font so that it is easier for people with dyslexia to read, speakers shouldn’t create a messy presentation. Of course, it is an opportunity to express your own style through a tool that is the genie lamp of presentation design. However, because Google slides lets you do anything, we should utilize it to create something that is barrier free.
There are many ways to take advantage of Google slides. It is free, and provides stylish templates. I have learned the tricks to express my ideas into something beautiful a and pleasing to look at, in which I noticed the importance of utilizing these skills. People have great thoughts that are worth speaking, but if they create presentations that are unappealing, it would affect the attention span of the audience and therefore unable to address the message. I would like to continue to implement these tips in our group presentation so that our pitch can be memorable.
People should learn presentation design because of its flexibility, and amount of freedom they can offer compared to other sources. Though I think the basics of simplicity and contrast should be included in every presentation, it shouldn’t prevent the speaker from being comfortable, or the ability to express themselves. I once saw a presentation on YouTube where the speaker’s presentation was very simple with a black background with 1-3 words written on average. The font is sophisticated and simple, with pictures that have no explanations. Yet, I was able to listen to his whole talk. This reason was because he had a clear story with humor and good structure, that became the captions. I connected this experience with today’s lesson because it shows that first, presentations are a great tool to design with your preferred aesthetics and second, it shows how presentations can be adjusted based on the speaker’s strong suits. In this case, since the speaker was confident in his speech, he didn’t have to add additional slides. Perhaps some people aren’t that confident in their speaking skills in which the speaker can amplify the noisiness of the slide, so that the audience can stay entertained. Like the example slide of Mr. Paterson shows, that balance is a key point.
Creating a clean slide can help those who struggle with their hearing, and can’t listen to the speaker fully. For our final project, since the geographic is towards our classmates, I wouldn’t have to consider those who are impaired in their hearing. However, if a person is giving out a speech to a large amount of people, there may be a chance. Like changing the font so that it is easier for people with dyslexia to read, speakers shouldn’t create a messy presentation. Of course, it is an opportunity to express your own style through a tool that is the genie lamp of presentation design. However, because Google slides lets you do anything, we should utilize it to create something that is barrier free.
There are many ways to take advantage of Google slides. It is free, and provides stylish templates. I have learned the tricks to express my ideas into something beautiful a and pleasing to look at, in which I noticed the importance of utilizing these skills. People have great thoughts that are worth speaking, but if they create presentations that are unappealing, it would affect the attention span of the audience and therefore unable to address the message. I would like to continue to implement these tips in our group presentation so that our pitch can be memorable.
Comments
Post a Comment