6.17.2019
We were planning on using Google forms to send a survey last week, but in the end, we used Forms on Outlook, which was quite useful since data can be converted to excel, so for today, we analyzed the results and worked on finishing up our presentation. Data results confirmed our problems, and that answers were from a negative point of view. We asked the students their ideas on improving our theme, and tallies indicated that a majority of people wanted improvements that crosses over boundaries of the geographic, so despite wanting to implement all requirements, we decided to inquire more on other details.
We also worked on creating a video that can hopefully be memorable to the audience. The video is planning to be played in the beginning, so that the class can pay attention to us. It also includes a bit of humor, so I think it’ll play a role in dopamine levels. By using IMovie, I was able to edit the clips so that they can transition smoothly, while also adding intermissions that explain the situation. I think by stating the problem clearly, and with impression, it will become easier for listeners to understand the effects of our ideas. I enjoyed filming and creating that content, because it’s an exciting process, seeing our work be given a reaction that we were aiming for. Although videos are effective, they are time consuming since you would need to work as a group, and with the thought of after school activities, days are limited to finish the film. Luckily, the video wasn’t that hard to take, so we were able to use our time efficiently. Like what Mr. Paterson says, just letting the audience watch the video will only be utilizing the sense of sight, therefore leaving lesser impact. This means that whoever’s part has the video in it would need to practice so that they can get the timing right. I haven’t thought of that until we’ve stopped recording, in which I’ve learned the importance of setting priorities.
Our group hasn’t rehearsed yet, but it’s really hard to create a schedule that everyone can agree on. In class, we’ve worked on the pitch info since without it, our group can’t work on their individual tasks. This means that we couldn’t squeeze in the time to practice. We should have decided on the media for the presentation first, so that we could take the time for final decisions. For upcoming group projects, I would want to set up the essentials first, and then work on the details.
We also worked on creating a video that can hopefully be memorable to the audience. The video is planning to be played in the beginning, so that the class can pay attention to us. It also includes a bit of humor, so I think it’ll play a role in dopamine levels. By using IMovie, I was able to edit the clips so that they can transition smoothly, while also adding intermissions that explain the situation. I think by stating the problem clearly, and with impression, it will become easier for listeners to understand the effects of our ideas. I enjoyed filming and creating that content, because it’s an exciting process, seeing our work be given a reaction that we were aiming for. Although videos are effective, they are time consuming since you would need to work as a group, and with the thought of after school activities, days are limited to finish the film. Luckily, the video wasn’t that hard to take, so we were able to use our time efficiently. Like what Mr. Paterson says, just letting the audience watch the video will only be utilizing the sense of sight, therefore leaving lesser impact. This means that whoever’s part has the video in it would need to practice so that they can get the timing right. I haven’t thought of that until we’ve stopped recording, in which I’ve learned the importance of setting priorities.
Our group hasn’t rehearsed yet, but it’s really hard to create a schedule that everyone can agree on. In class, we’ve worked on the pitch info since without it, our group can’t work on their individual tasks. This means that we couldn’t squeeze in the time to practice. We should have decided on the media for the presentation first, so that we could take the time for final decisions. For upcoming group projects, I would want to set up the essentials first, and then work on the details.
Comments
Post a Comment