6.18.2019

Today is the last LE lesson to finish up our projects. We weren't able to practice in class, but because we've created a group circle, I think we can practice the transitions from one another.  It was really hard to find the best quality photos, and when I posted the videos on the google slides, the quality immediately dropped down, in which I wasn't able to solve the issue. I'm not sure if the quality of the video will count as part of the grading, but I did struggle with that part.  Our group members were able to create the logo that really fit the team name, so we wanted to have a color scheme for our photos, but because we used CC search, it was too difficult to find the same hues.

I haven't been in a group project for a really long time, so throughout this term, I was able to experience the perks of cooperation, and how group projects are an opportunity to make best of your abilities. Having to be assigned individual work means that the teacher knows the level of each student, which is an advantage because then students won't be misunderstood. However, individual work means that the only critic is the teacher, and therefore won't be as socially active as those who are in a team. By being separated into teams, I think students can feel more motivated to contribute to the group, due to the judgment from your teammates. When I am given a personal report, I do procrastinate sometimes because that decision only affects myself, meaning that I would be eager to continue with that habit. In team projects, your every move will be accessed by your collaborators, which will encourage yourself to lend a hand. In addition to collaboration helping with solving your bad habits, it can improve communication and knowledge skills. Since students are constantly in an environment of group meetings and chats when joining a group project, it is expected that students will learn to converse with people with more fluency. Not only that, students can enhance their knowledge by learning from those working with them. From this, we can say that group projects are important in terms of social skills.

There is a debate about whether group projects do affect in positive ways and the unfairness of them. Some students have shared their experiences being the one that has to do all the work, and some saying that their group projects were graded as the team, so people would exploit the "good students" to earn themselves amazing scores. Though these occurrences didn't happen in Japan doesn't mean that group projects in Japan have a similar scenario. The word group is what sends out vibes of partnership and participation, but in reality, there may be some students in schools that are struggling with the issues of unfairness. I personally think, that in the end, it's the people who students work with that sets those criteria.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5.7.2019

3.3.2022 - Thank you for the 3 years!!!! (2019~2022)

9.3.2020