6.4.2019

The importance of dopamine was explained today, in which I connected to what I thought yesterday.  When Mr. Paterson told us that he used 134 slides in the presentation, I was surprised at how we didn't notice the amount, and instead guessed lower numbers. This demonstrates how we were comfortable at the change in presentation design. Like when Mr. Paterson added one image per slide and only showed them for a couple of seconds, I was able to feel entertained because of how he provided us with fresh information at a comfortable pace. From this, I learned that adding constant visuals and the versatility of media tools can be a way to increase dopamine too.

In addition, we were also introduced to the basics of google forms. I have used them before in my old school, and I really enjoy how we can create a google spreadsheet with all the data from the forms so that we can easily visualize the results. With recent tools becoming more and more efficient, perhaps we don't have to create graphs and instead, the computer can select the best style of a graph that matches the results and the questions itself, and in the future, there may be no such thing as paper surveys. I recently went to a place which handed out surveys about the service there, in which it was in pen and paper form. I really thought it was a waste of paper since, in the end, results will be recorded on a computer, so there is no point in having a 2 step method. If they provided a QR code that links to a survey, they can eliminate the filling out part. Besides, having customers fill out a paper form means that it is mandatory to write it on the spot, which means that customers would have to use a portion of their lives dedicated to answering a couple of questions.  By computerizing this, customers can contribute to the store's well-being during their spare time. In this way, the digitalizing of surveys is a win-win situation for both the provider and the buyer.

Though there are some exceptions, more specifically, in the voting system. Computers are an amazing source for simplifying extra procedures, they come at a cost of security. The increasing usability of the internet has led to people exploiting them, whether it be from emailing people to sign up to their shady website, or the stealing of personal information. Voting using computers are great, and people wouldn't have to walk to submit their opinions. However, if their security is weak, people can easily change the results of the votes, therefore invading the future of politics. In addition, there are some people who do not own a digital device, and some, a majority in the older generation may feel more comfortable using traditional ways. In this way, we would need to consider the limitations when switching to a different source.

Writing this blog post, I was able to understand the merits and demerits of computers. From helping to catch people's attention during presentations to perhaps helping people contribute to society by creating faster and effective surveys, there are endless possibilities in a single device. For my final presentation, I would gladly implement the services that are offered.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5.7.2019

3.3.2022 - Thank you for the 3 years!!!! (2019~2022)

9.3.2020