7.1.2019

Since I was absent last Tuesday, I wasn't able to hear a couple of teams, so I made sure to pay attention to the last teams presenting today. I can tell how they were able to implement Mr. Paterson's criticism into their final project, because of how smoothly they were able to work together. From these presentations, I was able to fully reflect ours. By seeing the other team's progress in terms of practicing I was able to notice that practice makes perfect. However, I think that in not all occasions does this message subside to.

I think there is a difference between creativity and practice, in which I understood from listening to all the presentations. Creativity isn't a skill you earn by reputation of ideas that are right. I think it’s the skill to momentarily click in your mind, and come up with ideas that no one had ever seen before. We can see this in the final presentation, as the contents. Although these presentations are graded by how it’s addressed, but I really enjoyed hearing everyone’s unique ideas, and realized myself about the schools condition. The context itself is also very important in a presentation, and it is acquired by thinking about the problem. However, the actual presenting will need repetition because it is a thinking process, that is focused on a different perspective, the audience. When we inquire about a topic by yourself, it doesn’t matter how you write them down, as long as you understand your own opinion. If you’d had to write them down, only to be collected and inspected by the teachers, I would probably write it more neatly, and organize them. Like this, I think that when the target is changed to someone with different ideas and thoughts, we are likely to prioritize its legibility. By hearing all of the presentations, I was able to figure out these differences implemented in school life.

From Mr. Paterson’s critiques, I have seen a development in the readiness of each group. When I was in my old school, we didn’t put as much attention to presenting as we did in this class. At first, I was skeptical if these tricks would work, since I’m not as confident nor as experienced like other teachers. However, when I did practice these skills, I found out that it makes your presentation more appealing, even if the context isn’t as impressive. I watched a Ted talk a few months back that did a presentation about literally nothing, and I still felt persuaded by the talker. This shows how body movements and language posture are criteria that are part of the count. For future presentations, I would want to review what we’ve learned, and utilize them next semester.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5.7.2019

3.3.2022 - Thank you for the 3 years!!!! (2019~2022)

9.3.2020