10.1.2019

Today was the first day of presentations. We were very nervous because we didn't have much preparation in class, but we made sure to watch the videos on Mr. Paterson's channel so that our presentations were in best shape. Although in the last class we decided to change the color of our website, we realized that we wouldn't have enough time to edit all the resources to be coordinated, so we kept it the same. However, I was more concerned about how to incorporate our website with the actual presentation, so I watched today's groups as inspiration. Through this class, I was able to understand what we need to improve until the next class and the importance of noting them down because I was surprised at how much information I had forgotten from before summer break.

Something that Mr. Paterson pointed out was to showcase your website so that people can access your resources and therefore gain the trust of your presented evidence. In order to achieve that smoothly, Mr. Paterson recommended adding a link to the website. However, we thought of adding a QR code because otherwise, the audience wouldn't be able to visit it besides going into the master document which takes time. Unfortunately, adding only a QR code would create a difficulty for us presenters to access the website, since a QR code works only if it is scanned on a device, which for a computer, would cause struggle. It took several attempts for the QR code to read on my smartphone from a computer screen, and therefore felt the necessity to include the link as well.  From the advice, we tweaked the presentation so that a link is included as well. We still are intending to keep the QR code because it is efficient for the audience.

Another critique that Mr. Paterson gave that our group forgot to include was indicating which resource belongs to what category. Resources are used for information as well as pictures. If all links are jumbled up in one long list, it would require too much effort to locate the websites that prove your research page. By categorizing and sorting them out with where you referenced them, it would help visitors know you gathered information with one look, rather than forcing them to scroll through each and every link. It would also help portray an image of cleanliness and order since they are organized into different groups. An important problem that I noticed during the presentations was how the resources were presented. I remembered that we needed to visualize the links that were used for pictures by adding the image next to the website. and in fact, I watched the video explaining that in the class last week. However, we had not done it in our presentation, meaning that I had forgotten to improve it whilst watching the video, and therefore finding it meaningless. Until next class, I want to make sure I edit the presentation while the information from the videos are still clear.

When Mr. Paterson told us to add the link directing to our website on the master document, I was excited since I can visit websites created by other groups. I thought that similar to publicizing our blogs, it would be beneficial to be able to access and interact with other websites in order to find inspiration, as well as find out if you have missed any concepts. From reading through other's ideas, I was able to find some design layouts that were creative that I felt would be a great inspiration. However, I also took in mind about the due date, since although there is about a week of preparation left, it would be difficult to work when there are other homework and tasks that need to be completed as well. Overall, I was able to prioritize what we need to finish from listening to Mr. Paterson's advice on today's presenters and therefore was able to evaluate a time schedule that would be achievable so that our presentations, as well as our website, are ready.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6.23.2020

3.3.2022 - Thank you for the 3 years!!!! (2019~2022)

1.20.2022