10.21.2019
In today’s class, we continued with being
given back our feedback by Mr. Paterson. Unfortunately, it hadn’t been our
turn, and since I wasn’t able to think of any blog ideas, we decided to
practice our typing. I think that typing is an essential aspect in projects
like these since although they might not contribute directly, it is a skill
that benefits time management, as well as for other subjects as well. I was also
surprised to see a variety of useful technology that easily creates an
environment for people of all ages to increase their ability. Although the work
today was different from the usual class, I enjoyed spending that time to
practice what I like.
Over the last few decades, technology has
evolved into a daily routine and an undetachable part of our lives. They are
utilized in schools such as in Mr. Paterson’s class, as a source for chatting,
for entertainment and such. Computers are not only a way to lift the weight off
tasks but is a device that can connect people from the other ends of the
world. Since we are immersed with technology, I think that being able to write
on a computer without looking at the keyboard is a real time-saver, because it
cuts the time of you having to lower your vicinity. The faster you type, the
more ideas you would then have to think of, which means that it may also
encourage a broader imagination. Moreover, typing can benefit future jobs,
since writing papers and other information related material are or have already
become digitalized.
During the waiting, I practiced on a
website that assists your training through different difficulties. In this way,
any user can practice at their own pace. I found it competitive and being able
to visually track how far you passed or didn’t succeed encouraged me to replay
for numerous rounds. I also liked the accessibility of the website, so I could
play together with friends and family. I think it is effective to be able to
compare scores with others and therefore create a competitive atmosphere since
it touches emotional desires.
Big social media companies such as Facebook
and Twitter, are widely known worldwide. The website I used today is also
popular. However, this made me wonder about the possibilities of other amazing
underrated software that can benefit learning. For future projects, I would
like to challenge myself to try out new applications and attain new skills.
Comments
Post a Comment