10.28.2019

Our group got feedback for each individual in this class, in which I was able to realize the parts that need improvement.  As feedback for the group as a whole, we were recommended to watch the tapes of our presentations together, since compared to you only watching yourself, watching it with a number of people can help with gathering more information and ideas towards your presentation. In this way, I learned that collecting various critiques benefits not only comprehending your area of change but being able to acquire the skills needed to improve. For me, I would like to utilize the critiques to set goals when practicing for future projects. In this way, I know where my weaknesses are, and therefore can prioritize solving those problems.

For the presentation slides, Mr. Paterson pointed out a couple of design-related criticism. The main problems were the font size on the graphs, as well as missing a summary slide. We forgot to add a summary slide, which turned out to be ineffective because the summary slide helps the audience understand the overall presentation while being fully conscious of the screen because the summary is spoken during the last few minutes. On the computer, we were able to read the keys of the graph on the bottom, but we didn't take in the fact that when projected, may become illegible because of the quality of the projector and how a bug cuts a sliver of the slide at the bottom and therefore making it hard for the audiences to read what the graph is about. We decided to improve on this mistake by increasing the font size, as well as adjusting the graph proportions so that the key isn't pushed downwards. 

As for myself, Mr. Paterson pointed out a couple of problems that I found out, were quite similar to the ones given back in the first semester. Notes from last semester concluded that I needed to work on straightening my eye contact so that I look at the audience, rather than the teacher. Although I was able to fix the transition and walking issues, I learned that my eye contact still needs development. I think I was too nervous about whether my presentation would be portrayed to the audience as I imagined, that I unconsciously glanced over to Mr. Paterson, rather than the people that I am pitching too. In order to improve my eye contact, I thought of practicing Mr. Paterson's techniques in upcoming presentations, such as looking at a certain person and resting there for a couple of seconds before moving on to a different person. In this way, I can calm myself down while keeping good eye contact. 

Overall, we were able to catch the feedback quickly and implement it in our presentation design. Since we did this last semester, I would like to compare the notes and see if any comments are similar. In this way, I can prioritize what I need to improve.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5.7.2019

3.3.2022 - Thank you for the 3 years!!!! (2019~2022)

9.3.2020