10.7.2019
To prepare for today's presentation, we decided to polish our presentations by working on our resource page as well as improve our website details. We made sure to include all the correct sources for our information as well as printing out the pamphlets that we can show during the actual presentation. We were again, nervose especially during the questionnaire because as Mr. Paterson says, the audience takes control of the questions so we would need to adapt and improvise to what they want. However, what we were more afraid of was whether we could explain our part well, without having stage fright ruin it all. In the end, though, we were chosen to present first, and in my opinion,I think we improved from the first try.
We made the effort to reflect back on the first semester and especially on the use of body language. An obvious improvement that we utilized was to walk throughout the presentation. When the speakers before me were talking about their assigned information, I was unsure about talking while walking because it would mean to multitask 2 senses at once. However, once I started walking, it became quite natural, so I felt reassured. I also worked on my eye contact by looking at other people other than Mr. Paterson, because that was a problem that he critiqued me. In addition, a couple changes were made to the presentation to encourage interaction with the audience, we did this by having a friend as an example to show how our product work in the real world. By doing this, we were able to grab the attention of the audience as a whole, as well as helping further persuade our ideas.
As a whole, we were able to improve on certain aspects that we didn't accomplish in our last presentation. Compared to the messy, uncertain presentations from last time, we were able to pay attention to the consistency of our design, not only inside the google slides but with the website as well. We also took in attention for our research and connected the website information in the actual speech itself. From this reflection, I was able to understand the hardship it takes to create something professional, and the importance of preparation and practice. I would like to not waste the information I've acquired, and implement the skills I learned for further projects.
We made the effort to reflect back on the first semester and especially on the use of body language. An obvious improvement that we utilized was to walk throughout the presentation. When the speakers before me were talking about their assigned information, I was unsure about talking while walking because it would mean to multitask 2 senses at once. However, once I started walking, it became quite natural, so I felt reassured. I also worked on my eye contact by looking at other people other than Mr. Paterson, because that was a problem that he critiqued me. In addition, a couple changes were made to the presentation to encourage interaction with the audience, we did this by having a friend as an example to show how our product work in the real world. By doing this, we were able to grab the attention of the audience as a whole, as well as helping further persuade our ideas.
As a whole, we were able to improve on certain aspects that we didn't accomplish in our last presentation. Compared to the messy, uncertain presentations from last time, we were able to pay attention to the consistency of our design, not only inside the google slides but with the website as well. We also took in attention for our research and connected the website information in the actual speech itself. From this reflection, I was able to understand the hardship it takes to create something professional, and the importance of preparation and practice. I would like to not waste the information I've acquired, and implement the skills I learned for further projects.
Comments
Post a Comment