11.25.2019
For this class, we worked on finishing our essay by choosing the best opinion that can be connected to the thesis statement that summarizes the appropriateness and the priority of the sections that our group is writing. In order to create an essay that is continuous throughout, Mr. Paterson taught us to add a line in each section that connects to the next person. Although in the thesis statement, the ideas are written together in a compact way, when it became writing in sections, I noticed that paragraphs that don't flow together by using sentences that are related to them felt separated and therefore didn't give a stronger impact than other essays that utilized connecting words. In our group, we decided to focus on 4 main issues that can support the claim that we thought of. It was hard to find resources that are related to the assigned topic without crossing into my teammate's topics as well. For example, I was chosen to research and create an essay about the effects of improving quality. However, the more I dug deeper, the more I found out that the information I searched for other topics such as safety issues or an increase in creativity. I first thought that each paragraph should include completely different words and proof but through Mr. Paterson's class, I realized that perhaps connecting them especially in their end and beginning sentences can help organize the paper.
We also worked on our conclusion paragraph, because it could not be written by one person only. The conclusion paragraph is where the readers truly understand the purpose of this essay, so I wanted to make sure it is as simple and compact as it can be, explaining the summary of each section in one sentence. Therefore, I could then take more time to paraphrase the thesis statement and the limitations as well, to prevent the audience from being persuaded by proof that may not be as astonishing as they had imagined it to be. Naturally, a bigger number and therefore a bigger percentage would more likely feel like it is a big number than a one-digit number. However, if the sample size isn't written as well, then, in reality, the percentage may be part of a 10 person survey. Any research paper should include the background information as well because some papers don't have a specific name of the publisher because it is not an official one. These problems should be sorted out and be incorporated into the limits because likewise, it would help the essay become even more reliable by pointing out the mistakes so that the audience doesn't feel like they were being fooled.
Comments
Post a Comment