6.23.2020
While searching for photos that fit my presentation theme, I was met with a problem of how limited the supply is. This is where I appreciated the fact that I understood the copyright restrictions on each photo because it helped me reach closer to the desired effect quickly. Because of the types of copyright laws, we learned in class, as well as other English and non-English classes, I was able to identify and differentiate uses that I can edit the photo. For educational purposes, I wanted all my photos to be grainy, monotoned, and eerie, relating to the atmosphere of the book itself. I had been taught that some restrictions allow photos to be manipulated, so I made sure that the works I used were fair use before applying the filters. Because of that, I could create slides with more efficiency, unlike taking the long route of fishing through multiple media. It's strange how learning in the past can impact learning in surprising ways. Of course, I knew that understanding and distinguishing the different types of copyright regulations was important in future learning and presentations, but I had only taken the information as seriously as a footnote. It made me realize the effects of learning and understanding the importance of them because you never know when you'd need it.
Another problem that I'm having is summarizing my book. Unlike the analysis and the biography, where the key points are obvious and clarified, the book itself has a lot of important details that I want to discuss. However, with the 6-minute mark, I have to rethink how I should show the plotline. It's more confusing because the book is shown through the perspectives of many characters, so I was vexed with trying to fit all the characters. The author is very passionate about adding monologues of thought that I really enjoyed, but for this instance, I am planning on cropping those philosophical dialogues. Instead, I would like to talk about them during the analysis. The task of summarizing the book but still keeping the book's ambiance is something I would like to improve. I wonder how book critiques are able to shorten their opinions. Whenever I try to analyze a book, I tend to overflow with the information, which ends up sounding pretentious. The presentation is also another opportunity for me to address my thoughts with coherence.
Overall, I had a great time today. I was able to discuss with my peers and maybe was focused on my presentation. For next class, I will continue working on my slides before the due date.
Comments
Post a Comment