6.30.2020

In this class, we were introduced to new writing tools that can help improve my writing. However, some of the tools required a word limit, in which sadly, I had gone over. This made me rethink the length of my essay. I know that my critique paragraph is as long as one and a half pages, but it's really difficult to cut out information because I like to have quotes to show evidence as to my analysis. This means that longer quotes create longer paragraphs which inevitably creates the effect of me having passive sentences that lengthy. I need to either cut down on the number of quotes or delete a paragraph that I don't need to necessarily talk about to showcase the book's qualities which makes me wonder if there are any tools that can help identify the problems of an essay length-wise. Moreover, it would be great to know editing software that can suggest improving passive sentences. Through Paper-Rater, I was able to understand what a passive sentence looks like but was still unsure how to implement it and configure it into something with clarity, so I would like to continue searching for new tools that I can hopefully use before the due date.

For the rest of the class, we worked on our presentations. I had finally set a clear theme last class, so it was easier to edit and choose the pictures. However, I'd realized that it will be hard to add animations because I'm using different software to create my slides, so I will need to effectively use my time when downloading and exporting my slides over to google drive. I had used Canva to design all my slides, and the great thing about Canva is that they have animation features that can create the effect of reappearing and disappearing pictures all in one slide. Moreover, they have moving pictures with GIF-like animations which I had thought of using at first because then I can guide the audience to a certain section of my slide to further link my speaking with the presentation. However, I found out that once you download the slides in PDF format to use in Google Slides, the animation features were canceled out, so I am now improvising by recreating the animations through creating multiple slides.

Overall, I was able to work on my presentations, and moreover had set a theme that made it easier to find the exact pieces of media. However, compared to the last class, I wasn't able to make as much progress as I hoped to, so I hope to use the weekends to wrap it up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5.7.2019

3.3.2022 - Thank you for the 3 years!!!! (2019~2022)

9.3.2020