7.2.2020

For all of this time, we worked on our presentations and other necessary components to submit our assignments. I had worked on my analysis part this time, and it was harder than I anticipated because this part is the most important section when trying to address your opinion and recommendations of the book. There is so much I want to analyze and present in front of my peers, but I know that it would be impossible to fit under 6 minutes. During the book review, I critiqued the chronicle through 3 perspectives. The creative depiction of the author's thoughts, his philosophy, and how the book related to WW2. However, when creating the slides, I had noticed that the context of philosophy and the author's thoughts were practically identically, which meant that I could trim some of the information and retell it to fit the 2 minutes per section mark. Although the author's background is prominent in the critique portion, I believed that it was better to talk about his philosophy, as his ideas are what impacted most in his creations. 

Something that I'd realized that I will probably regret not doing in the near future is keeping in track of where my photo sources are coming from. Now, for the references, I wouldn't need to note all of the sources down because most of them are written on the book review, so I wasn't worried at all for that. For most of my presentations, I would have been careful not to lose the websites and information that I had gained, but since I was careless about that, I hadn't bookmarked all the photo references. The big problem is that I used a lot of photos from different sites, ranging from Pixabay, Flickr, and Wikipedia Commons. It isn't that I'm unsure of the fact that I hadn't been noting the creditor for the photos since for Pixabay, once I know what image I had found, it would be easy to channel down the options and rediscover the media, but it is how I hadn't organized which picture belongs to which Creative Commons website, so finding the pictures and their creditors will be even more difficult. 

During the class, I had created a couple consecutive slides that included quotes from the book that I would read out as well to showcase evidence for my analysis. However, the feedback I received from the teacher was that perhaps to create an equal environment where audience members, each with their own reading speed can adjust, it would be better to only include a few quotes. I understood how a presentation had to be recognizable to everyone, so I had changed the slides to not include the quotes because they weren't necessary, and instead, added words that could help readers absorb the information a bit easier. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5.7.2019

3.3.2022 - Thank you for the 3 years!!!! (2019~2022)

9.3.2020