7.9.2020
Today, we worked on our slides, our essays, the whole shebang. Although both were incomplete at that time, I prioritized on the slides. It was especially hard to try and present my analysis in a clear and understandable fashion. Though I had channeled my thoughts into two big opinions, it made it difficult to summarize in slide format, so I had used up most of my time there. There is of course the essay that was still 15% in plagiarism, but I planned on trimming the entire essay itself, thus reducing the percentage as well. Through a couple read-throughs, I had noticed that I had too much evidence, disregarding the fact that 90% of my essay had to be opinion-based. I would either have to tweak the quotes and not include information that is merely only copied or to delete the information and thereby add my own biases, which may not be accurate and feeble in evidence. However, since it is a book review and not a logical essay like we did in the second year, I had decided to sacrifice some of my dedication towards adding proof.
Yet again, did I feel regret towards not knowing, that google slides had a working animation tool with a variety of options. When I was in 4th grade, the only animation features this system was compatible with were the slide transitions, although I hated how slow they moved, and how they were restrictive, so I hadn't touched their animation gadgets until now. I now see how google allows animations on images that you've imported onto the slides. Not only that, but you are also able to adjust the speed, timing, and order of how the animations are to be presented. I was baffled at how easy it was to animate, well, other than the fact that the normal speed for each image is a 1-second delay, so adjusting it on time was always a challenge. Powerpoint and Prezi were good tools in the past that enabled cool animations. I had also seen Keynote and their tricks, so I'm finally happy that google improved its game in this area as well.
All that time working on one single book review. I know it's only been 2~3 months working on it, but I still feel grateful for the work that I've successfully turned in on time. Reading the book, researching about it, and developing my opinions towards it as an academic journey, was very enjoyable. I'm hoping to write more about books since there is so much that I would like to showcase. Anyhow, now, I can start concentrating on wrapping up my presentations.
Comments
Post a Comment