8.25.2020

  In today’s class, we were informed about the state of our homework and the schedule for the upcoming presentations. It turns out that not a lot of people have been posting on the flipgrid as only a couple had finished it. Even though I did post before class started, it wasn’t during summer break so I also felt the guilt as well. Moreover, Mr. Paterson recommended us to project our body during the recording, meaning to record in a way so that your gestures can be identified. Looking back, I could see that I hadn’t showed any hand gestures so the overall atmosphere felt dull and boring, so I would further like to rehearse with body gestures and eye contact. For the flipgrid, someone had commented that I had too many slides and that is agreeable as I had over 40, and since I had only recorded my voice, I wasn’t able to show the pacing of the slides since I was planning to switch quickly. Therefore I wished flipgrid had an ability to both screen record and take a video of yourself. Although I could’ve tried that through utilizing quick time player and so forth, it would take too much time, and since Me. Paterson condemned it being created by Microsoft, I guess it won’t happen unless miracles occur. 

For the presentations themselves, we were given a fortunate decision that our presentations won’t start until next week, and so I felt very exuberant. However, it also meant that a lot of anticipation can lead to very stressful nights preparing, so I also felt a little uneasy, especially since the order is random and I won’t be able to know till the moment the teacher calls my name. As I persist towards the second year of LE class, I feel like I’ve grasped an idea of the tips and tricks in surviving, one of them being to present earlier. In the beginning, no one dared to speak first because we were scared of going first and feeling the pressure. However, as we participate in more presentations, we’ve learned that going on the first day isn’t as bad since it’s graded easier. 

Overall, I dedicated today, looking through my slides and practicing without the help of flash cards. I still have time, so I would like to continue practicing regularly in order to feel comfortable with my topic.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5.7.2019

3.3.2022 - Thank you for the 3 years!!!! (2019~2022)

9.3.2020