9.10.2020

Since I'd finished my presentation, I was able to enjoy other's works for today. Compared to last time, the setup went smoothly and thus we were able to go through 4 people, which still lacks in number, according to Mr. Paterson. Because of the limited amount of time, we weren't able to get new information or feedback from the teacher. However, despite that, I was able to learn a lot from each of their unique presentations. An example can be the design of the slides and how they were very coordinated. In my presentation, I had only coordinated the color to being mostly monochromatic, but I hadn't thought of it too hard hence why I have been pointed out that some of the slides lacked impact.  However, a lot of the presenters today had chosen very meaningful pictures to visualize their thought. Moreover, the use of quotes helped persuade their critique and thus the atmosphere of their book. I had used a quote as evidence, and so if I had more time, I would have liked to add more as well. 

Another aspect that learned from the presentations was the speed of their speaking. In the last class, I was criticized for the speed of which I talked. This is why I focused on learning from other's talking speed to grasp an idea on the most suitable. I saw how people composed themselves throughout the whole presentation which helped them from talking quickly, and so I would like to use that technique for future assignments. 

Recently from the last class, I found Feedly to be very useful. This is because I was able to gain feedback from other students. Although I had posted my video on FlipGrid, I hadn't received a lot of feedback which I understand, since it's awkward to post a video reply, and so the only time I was able to gain recommendations was from the practice presentation that I did in front of a small number of people. However, this meant that I had presented my final version with only feedback from a few people, and thus it may have affected in terms of the number of comments I received. Although not all people wrote in detail about the presentation on the first day, I was able to find some opinions towards not only me but other classmates as well. This can help me improve my presentation to not only fit Mr. Paterson's criteria but also for the audience to further understand.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6.23.2020

3.3.2022 - Thank you for the 3 years!!!! (2019~2022)

1.20.2022