9.1.2020
In today's class, we practiced our presentations in front of small groups. This is a method that we hadn't used yet in past practices, but I enjoyed this as it gave each member time to gain critical advice. First all of all, the small number of audience lifted a lot of pressure off of each of us as there weren't many eyes that I had to have contact with. Moreover, they were the only ones that listened, and since there wasn't a lot of space between where I was standing, I didn't have to worry so much about exaggerating my body movements to portray my voice. I was also less pressured to be on the audience side as I was able to comfortably give advice, so overall the casual atmosphere of today's lesson really helped me improve my presentation.
With that being said, the main advice that I got from all of my peers was how my presentation was very short with the fact that I had spoken way to fast for them to understand what the context was. This was very true indeed, as prior to this lesson, I was practicing my presentation because, until that date, I had thought that we were doing the actual presentations. With that said, seeing that my FlipGrid presentation took 10 minutes to go through, I was in a rush to shorten the time to 7~8 minutes. However, I had seemed to hurry through my lines a bit too quickly as in the end, the presentation that normally took 10 minutes to finish, ended up shortening to a sheer 5 minutes. I summarized the bias and the biography into 2 to 3 sentences and my speaking had turned into intricate tongue twisters and so, I felt the need to add more detail. Moreover, as Mr. Paterson pointed out the need for credibility, limitations, and the questionnaire in which I hadn't included all, so with that said, I think I am able to fit my presentation in the criteria mark.
Overall, I enjoyed listening to other's presentations as I was able to implement some of what they presented. For example, I hadn't added my limitations nor my credibility, but since some of my classmates did so, I was able to grasp an idea of how those slides could be explained. Moreover, I would like to practice my presentations with a set timer in order to fit the right time frame.
Comments
Post a Comment