9.17.2020

I had finally come to the point where I couldn't think of new ideas and thoughts towards the presentations because we were rushing to get them done to which lessened the amount of feedback that I could reflect back on. It was especially difficult to come up with the blogs themselves because I was having the same reactions and thus the same comments all the time, and so I was feeling like I was running out of words to say. So when Mr. Paterson announced a new project for us to work on, I felt relieved to the fact that my blog hadn't died of boredom. It was fun to be assigned with my teammates and to work on a website that showcases the books that we'd read. 

It was hard remembering the books of all the presenters, so it was useful to have the time to gather and share what we'd written about. At first, though, I was a little hesitant as the last time I had created a group website, it had taken a lot of work not only building one but to gather the information that was needed. I vividly remember having to create a survey that was sent to the whole grade year, just to increase the reliability of our solution. Moreover, we had to acknowledge the design itself, especially since we were told the importance of cohesion. However, it was easier than thought as we had most of the ingredients to build the website, and the main components that were the book review and slides were already finished, so I didn't become too anxious. 

But it turns out that we were given extra work, as a video of our presentation had to be added as well. I had thought of using the FlipGrid video as it won't take as much time as reshooting it, but I didn't feel confident in posting that as it was only a practice. Moreover, by looking at past videos, I felt that members all posting in one location would be better aesthetically, and so I would like to discuss with my teammates about that. For now, our website has a very fancy library type feel, so perhaps the video can be set in the school library, like how the background of the "Thug Notes" videos looks like. It would be even better if we can dress up to the context of the book. For example, the protagonist in my book is a doctor, so perhaps I can wear a white coat while taping. A teammate of mine reviewed a book about young detectives, so perhaps she can wear a trench coat. The more I think of it, the more I am excited about shooting the video. Overall, I am glad that we were given some kind of task, as not only did writing this blog become easier, but also to improve on my website-creating kills.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5.7.2019

3.3.2022 - Thank you for the 3 years!!!! (2019~2022)

9.3.2020