9.8.2020
Today, we started our actual presentations, which surprised me when my name was called first. I had anticipated going last on that day, but fate is what it is, and so I did my best to fight my nerves. Beforehand, I had been practicing with a timer set for 8 minutes, but I was worried because every time I presented, I'd seemed to run overtime. However, it had seemed that I had mistaken the time limit and that in reality, going over 8 minutes for 30 seconds or so was still acceptable. In that way, I did not worry that much in terms of time. Despite that, I got feedback that I had not acknowledged before, so it really helped in improving my presentation.
I had focused too much on how I present, that the slides weren't as good as some that I made in the past. Meaning, that one critique that I got was the fact that my one last thing slide wasn't as impactful as others. Well, I had wanted a picture that meant thinking outside the box, but this was the only one that I could find that could portray that. I should have changed the picture to a more realistic photo than a cartoon that can give off a careless image towards the slide. This is why after the presentation, I changed the background picture to be a person walking towards light because I had addressed the importance of finding your own perceptions of living life, and now, I could notice a change in the atmosphere. These subtle changes are what polishes a presentation, and so I will keep this in mind for future assignments.
Another point that was criticized was my photo references. Now that I look back at it, pictures with different website lengths are unattractive, and therefore it would have been correct to say that all the pictures from Pixabay are from Pixabay without wasting time having individual references. Moreover, the teacher pointed out that other pictures that aren't public domain should have their websites customized through bitly. This was the knowledge that I had not noticed throughout the whole presentation making period. I knew the importance of shortening links and I am deeply regretting the fact that I didn't do so, but it was the customization that I hadn't felt accustomed to. It's the second year of LE class and so I would like to keep that in mind as well. However, my friends who tried customizing were having the problem with the fact that their namings were already taken, meaning that they had to use a lot of time through trial and error, to find an alternative. In that way, I thought that it may bring more non-benefits since the process of finding an original name can take ages.
Comments
Post a Comment