10.13.2020
I was given feedback for my presentation today, and overall, I felt content about the results. We looked over the presentation slides and reflected upon the problems involving the one last thing slide and the photo credits, and how they could have been ameliorated. With that being said, for the rest of the class, we gathered with team members to complete the information for our website. However, I had already done most of it, and so there wasn't a lot I could hone in terms of the content itself. But, I did acknowledge that the website lacked certain elements. One can be the fact that we hadn't included the maximum resources available that are linked to our projects. Although we did include the presentation slides and in the future, a book trailer, we didn't add any links to promote our books. The sole purpose of the website was to serve as a hub to showcase and persuade readers into divulging into the stories that we so deeply analyzed, so it would be useful if we did add in affiliated links somewhere. In fact, I was influenced by another team's website about the idea of writing these links which shows the importance of cooperation with others because I wouldn't have improved the website if it wasn't for the sharing of other's works.
What I also believed to be effective was the process of engaging with the teacher for one-to-one down on earth type feedback. While in other subjects, teachers only require students to submit their reflection, only to be returned with a hand-written note of the teachers' reactions. Although I understand that a majority of teachers have to juggle with an uncontrollable amount of student work which inevitably leaves no time for an oral session, I still felt a disconnection between the teacher and me. This is why having a genuine talk with the teacher today felt relieving as I was able to leave without being a tad bit worried about whether my understanding of my work was up to Mr. Paterson's standards. Moreover, announcing the increase in grade marks truly drove my motivation upwards, as well as others, since when comparing the current reflection with some from past semesters, I could vividly see a change in detail.
Overall, I enjoyed today despite some setbacks with my physical health since I was able to assuage my feelings of stress towards hearing my predicted final grade through discussing my presentation and book review documents with Mr. Paterson. However, I became quite distracted afterward and wasn't able to use time efficiently to revamp our team website. I should've given feedback on the overall website design, and planned for next class.
Comments
Post a Comment