10.15.2020

We continued having feedback today, but since I've already finished doing so, we worked together to finish the website. Looking back at the pictures we took of ourselves for the introduction page, we noticed different poses in each team member, which looked a tad bit unprofessional. We all sat differently and moreover, the background which was the school library seemed to distract attention away from us. In order to improve, we should have chosen a simpler environment for the shoot and chosen a posture beforehand, but since some of our teammates were receiving their feedback, we weren't able to achieve the goal today. A good example would be last year when we took our photos behind nice autumn leaves to give off a warm impression towards the website. It would be even better if the location of the shoot is similar to the color scheme of the website, for further execution, in this case, would be somewhere blue. Perhaps taking pictures under a tranquil sky may be a good option to start off with.

Speaking of posture, Mr. Paterson reminded us today about our use of body language during the feedback sessions. Although I wasn't called upon, he told everyone that it's important to act naturally even in non-presenting situations through engaging with open hand gestures. Moreover, it would be better to do so on this occasion since it's a matter concerning our grades. If students acted nervous in front of the teacher, he/she would more likely believe that student isn't motivated to improve their grades, thus lowering the chance of actually earning the raise. However, that doesn't mean bluffing about and overexaggerating every movement, so a balance between those two and acting naturally around the teacher was for me, most beneficial. I understand that some may feel nervous saying as they have to talk directly and I did feel the same way at first, but once I started talking and seeing how Mr. Paterson listened solemnly, I became more comfortable. I feel like the pressure that we build upon ourselves prior to receiving feedback is what sets us back, and this anxiety can be seen through our body language, and in order to improve that, I thought that experience and not pressuring ourselves can help oppress signs of tension.


For the next class, I want to start gathering materials to create the video trailer.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5.7.2019

3.3.2022 - Thank you for the 3 years!!!! (2019~2022)

9.3.2020