10.22.2020
In this class, we continued to fill out our preferences as well as working on our websites. Although we may have violated the social distancing rule, we gathered together in order to discuss about our website. I liked how one of my teammates adorned her homepage with quotes from the book as a big characteristic of her book is the beautifully written morals about being caring and open-minded. Moreover, I was impressed at how she edited a picture to make it seem like the characters were coming out of the homepage. Since we want coherency in our website, I would like to copy her structure and details. Something that can’t be copied though is her movie section where she talks about the movie version. Unless a remake of my book comes out, I’m unfortunately unable to include in my part.
Other than talking about the website, we also discussed about our preferences in reading. I took a glance on one of my friend’s story which I found very amusing, and eloquently written. From the beginning, I was very fond of how she wrote, so I would like to take for granted and gain inspiration from her. When upon writing the document, I logged onto a website on which I had logged my previous reads, which was very helpful in getting a grip on the genres that I liked most. And like what I wrote last class, my initial predictions were correct, and that I had a thing for contemporary fiction.
Something else that I discussed with my peers was about a change in the Japanese university entrance exams, and how the importance of digitalization has finally been acknowledged by academics. I had heard that there would be a new exam dedicated on testing programming skills and use of IT, and I thought that fit perfectly to what Mr. Paterson had presented before about the concerns on Japan being left behind technologically. Moreover, elementary students have also started to engage with the logic of programming, and with a new digital agency being built, we can start to see Japan’s determination to be a digital pioneer finally start to see its effects.
Overall, I enjoyed the leisurely time to sit around with my friends and talk while working on our projects. In most classes, we tend to work individually, this not having enough time to engage in a genuine conversation. I feel like in those ways, free time in classes can be upbringing to a students social skills.
Comments
Post a Comment