10.6.2020

Today, we listened to the newer presentations by those who came this year, and I was very impressed by their professionalism and composure, despite this being their first assignment in Mr. Paterson's class. Especially since all the pressure that builds up from all the presentations made by the experienced, I was so astonished when they followed the majority of rules and conditions of succeeding well. But before that, we also heard the last of the presenters that were in class last year, and I really enjoyed the critical analysis as the commenter truly linked facts with the context of the book, which I thought was very astute as it was the presenter's own investigation that led to the conclusion. For me, I had researched other people's perceptions as well in order to construct my own opinions because of the amount of information that I had to analyze. Moreover, I liked how the speech flowed with each word, so much so that it was easy to understand and furthermore, enjoyable to listen to. Nowadays, I am starting to realize that I write or say sentences that don't make sense with a majority of them being very passive. This is evident in some of the blogs as you can see, there are numerous roundabout expressions used throughout. I had thought that English should be always written in long sentences in order to sound native, but by reading through past posts, I can conclude that in both writing and speaking situations, I should prioritize the clarity of my words. 

With that being said, I was very surprised at how well all the presenters have done. They've all chosen books that were highly advanced, and the way they created their presentations were so similar to the ones that we made, that I was hesitant in saying that their presentations were the first. Really, they did much better than the first presentation that I did in LE class, and there was a lot I can learn from them. Especially, in their use of body language and speed, as I've noticed that the new presenters all demonstrated consistency in their voice projection and so I can predict that their average speaking speed is what is most comfortable for the audience. I would like to use this information and match my speaking with theirs so that I don't create a speech that obfuscates the audience but rather, make it impactful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5.7.2019

3.3.2022 - Thank you for the 3 years!!!! (2019~2022)

9.3.2020