10.29.2020
We continued creating our necessary media, but during the activity, one of my friends went to receive her feedback. She was feeling nervous but I assured her that she was going to be great, and she did! Moreover, I saw her writing in her notebook for her project later on, and I was amazed at the speed in which she wrote and the accuracy of her writing. This reminded me of the last class where I had to write a class log for the day. As I had written this log a couple of times now, I became bored with writing in the same format, thus my teammates decided to come up with a new way of filling the blanks, and as weird I was, we came up with trying to record everything in Hiragana which became very difficult as, near the end of the process, we were all fed up with trying to read what I had just written. This made me realize how useful it is to have a computer that could auto-translate or recommend us users with the write kanji transfiguration. Perhaps solely English keyboard users may not have experienced the revolutionary tool, but in fact, with the ability to change the characters with one press of a button, we are able to efficiently express our own opinions.
However, some may argue that computers can decrease a student's kanji comprehensive ability since they lose the chances of memorizing through writing on paper. Moreover, there are still many companies in Japan that are heavily dependent on paper contracts and recordings, so being a fast typer may not even come in use. Although I understand that writing can be useful with attaining such memorization but as someone who doesn't like the tense feeling in my muscles when I write quickly, I much prefer using the computer as the mains source splurging out my thoughts. But that doesn't mean eradicating paper as well. In fact, I feel much better when I reflect personally, so there are qualities in writing which makes it more authentic than on an electronic device. Looking back on the log that I wrote, perhaps writing with commitment can help loosen up the feeling of stress writing slowly. Who knows? I may become a paper user someday.
Comments
Post a Comment