11.5.2020
In today's class, we were introduced to a new task about presenting to our parents about not only the book review presentations but also enlightning about the whole integration of technology with education and english learning. Now, I haven't had a chance to present in front of my family despite doing so in front of classmates, but I feel much more comfortable presenting in an environment that I am well ajudsted to. However, that doesn't mean that I am able to speak eloquently, at least, I don't have to worry about failing too hard and feeling the sense of remorse afterwards but nevertheless, I would still like to keep my professionality throughout the process. I think this is a great opportunity to not only teach the knowledge that we attained during the 2 years that we have worked with Mr. Paterson, but also for me to reflect on the curriculum that I've followed and pick up on the experiences and insights that I may have perhaps forgotten. Since, I don't always have the time to read back my blogs, initiating these mini-assignments can truly help refresh one's memory.
I'm lucky to have my parents having a decent level of English since then I won't need to translate all of my presentations into Japanese. I wonder if those with parents who can only understand Japanese can use an autotranslator when speaking so that they can still be authentic when conveying their information. These days, Google translate and other devices like so have improved tremendously and so even students like us can present in a different language and still connect with their audience without any professional help. Who knows how hard it was back before translators existed when people were trying to cummunicate with each other, and now, we have sucummbed to the easiness of understanding a different language without no knowledge fo learning it. In this way, I felt that translating technology has come a long way and moreover, am appreciateful towards the improvement of it. Without that, we wouldn't have been able to present in front of our family,
Comments
Post a Comment