1.12.2021

Today began one of many feedback sessions from Mr. Paterson, this time being our book review websites. Fortunately, we didn't come first, so we used the time effectively to improve our website. As mentioned in the beginning, Mr. Paterson showcased us a couple of mistakes that some groups had made in the previous class, and I had noticed a majority was present in our own websites, such as inconvenient spacing, and wordy pages, as well as weird unalignment in a couple of pictures. We did our best to fix everything, with underlined hyperlinks being the most common mistake that we had consistently. However, upon publishing, I had noticed that the published preview of my website looked different compared to my teammates, with the sidebar being translucent in my version but static in others. This is a major problem since depending on which style the website looks like, can change the width of the overall pages, causing unneeded spacing in between some of the paragraphs, so I would need to see about that during our feedback. 

Something else that is concerning is how to clarify visitors about which word is hyperlinked since the underlining was eradicated. We did change the color into a lighter blue to note disturb the overall visual aesthetic, but the end result isn't recognizable. I don't want to change the font since that would ruin the consistency, but having a whole different color would also mean to change some of the pages that are leaning towards one color, even to the point of altering the logo itself. Speaking of logo, one problem mentioned in the beginning was the importance of creating a bold logo that could be easily seen. Albeit I believe that the automatically minimized logos are caused by the Google Sites system, and can not be manipulated in any way, I did accept that our team logo wasn't looking clear nor impactful. This is why for the logo on the upper right, we deleted the team name and focused on magnifying the imagery, and fortunately worked very well as now, users from afar can instantly recognize its bold silhouette. However, we kept the original logo on the homepage as we had enlarged it in previous classes. I enjoy the old-fashioned font as it fits the setting of a majority of books involved in the website. 

Overall, my team and I were able to brush up on our website, and polish the nit-picky parts. However, I am still a little hesitant at some parts, and I would like to mention that during the next class hopefully, in subsequent weeks. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3.3.2022 - Thank you for the 3 years!!!! (2019~2022)

6.23.2020

1.20.2022