1.26.2021

In today's class, we were shown a couple of videos created by students from ICU.  I really enjoyed how each individual video was created with a fixed and clear purpose, also using effective methods to convey the theme. For example, I enjoyed how the metaphor of life expressed in the form of running, also applied to the video clips of the guy running across rough terrain. I was very inspired by the visualization of metaphors which I would like to incorporate for the PIE film festival. Moreover, I was especially impressed by the scene of music choice with the suicide prevention video. Although there are countless scenes that I have watched where the combination of sad music + emotional topics have come to play, there hasn't been one time where I was able to withstand the feeling of pity. This shows how big music plays a role in the tone and feel of the film, and I would like to make sure that there is consistency in the color and atmosphere that the music elicits.

Speaking of movies, I was immediately drawn to the PIE film festival. Not only do I love watching and appreciating movies, but I truly am fond of the recording aspect. I believe that film is a ubiquitous luxury that can bring forth new perspectives on how we humans view the world, and it also gives opportunities for people to unleash their creative expressions as it is a very flexible tool that requires a plethora of skills to publish. This can be starting from story building, script writing, cinematography, musicality, editing, and more. Schools are conformed to the basis of pen and paper, but teachers need to acknowledge that a creative exercise like this can teach in a more innovative outlook. It is the zeal that is brought on through the expansion of imagination, that will definitely drive student motivation more than a dull homework task. Perhaps can be more effective in some areas of learning, but the reality is, is that filmmaking is portrayed as a leisure and not an educational source. I hope some day, curriculums open up to more pedagogy which involves digital and creative learning. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

6.23.2020

3.3.2022 - Thank you for the 3 years!!!! (2019~2022)

1.20.2022