12.22.2020

Since today was the last day of Mr. Paterson's classes, we were lucky to participate in leisurely games; more specifically, psychological tests. When he first announced that we were to take part in a psychological assignment, I was pretty psyched out. I have in the past, completed numerous 10 second Buzzfeed quizzes, and completely believed in all of the results despite the innumerable evidence of them being a hoax, so I was not skeptical at all. Besides, the tests that I was used too, all ended with praise and motivative words so, what's not to hate? 

The first test consisted of listing adjectives that are ideal to the given topics. Upon comparison, I noticed that the majority of my vocabulary was whimsical and is usually utilized to describe fantasy or imaginative scenery, such as "Magical" and "Mythical". On the other hand, there were also words such as "Calm", "Tranquil", and "Quiet" that does not fit the fantasy genre. With these two groupings in mind, I could see that I view my ideal self as someone with economic value and social manners, my partner as someone obedient, and love as something daring, which at first, I was skeptical of because half of these I haven't even experienced an abundance of yet. However, as I have been contemplating throughout my writing, I have concluded that although the words may be hyperbolized, the root idea and definitions are constant with what I had envisioned about my life. Although this test didn't give me surprising insights about myself, I was nevertheless satisfied with the results. Though, there was one aspect of the test that I was unsure of. The problem was when upon describing an ideal animal, where the word I chose (frisky) for a cat can be interpreted innocently, and turning this word into a descriptor of a human being which may bring... other intentions which I at that moment, was oblivious about. Adjectives like these can bring different meanings depending on the subject they are assigned to, therefore, I did become a tad bit unsure afterwords. 

The second quiz revolved around visual representation of life, and I did enjoy this task more than the other, mainly because I do fond artistic expression. I also benefited from the comparison between other classmates, since we all had strikingly different scenes. There were a lot of factors that could hint at how my life would shape out, such as the positioning, sizing, and the number of objects, so it was engaging dissecting minute details. However, the fact that I only drew 7 objects made it feel as though the test was very restrictive. For example, greenery had represented the arts, but that is only one field of study out of a plethora of academics, so this test may be superior to those who are artistically talented. However, I did benefit from how the test includes interrelationships as well, so it not only helped me gain a new perspective on my future but also on those who are in my vicinity. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6.23.2020

3.3.2022 - Thank you for the 3 years!!!! (2019~2022)

1.20.2022