2.16.2021

 Today, I went to work with my peers to finish up the vlog for the PIE event. However, given that the date of submission would be in two days, we were very much dumbstruck by how much work we still had to finish. In addition to the overloading homework that has been piling up since last month, we all had exchanged a glance of fear as we had then and there imagined the worst possible situation; a late submission. And of course, no one wanted that. Besides, the movie up until there has been moving along quite according to plan. By then, we had all conceptualized our theme, written the abstract that fits the requirements, and written the songs, sound effects, needed shots and more, for each of our sections. I even had already finished my part of the video, and so we were pretty much half way through. However, that took us a month of hard work which prevailed over numerous lunch breaks of filming and editing. So, with that being said, having to finish the video in 2 days time itself, was a near impossible challenge. 

Nevertheless, it was as if something sparked in all of us, the desire to not throw away our dedication and time that was spent on developing our thoughts, our ways of expression..., and in about one day, I was able to collect all the necessary shots to mend it all together. It was a process that almost lead to an all-nighter but fortunately, my brain seemed to sense the stress that had built up on me at that time, so in the end, the video was on its way to glory! In the past, I have shot, directed, and edited films for school activities and assignments, but never in my life would we have been able to accomplish a 15 minute short film within such a limited amount of time. We had to start from scratch, and with the movie's loose restrictions, we were lost and confused at first about wether to even participate. However, throughout this process, I have learned not just the obvious cinematography skills, but deep within, I feel that our team has grown ever tighter, as we have all learned to become organized and skilled thinkers, creators, and artists. I hope that in the near future we are given more of these off-school opportunities. It really ameliorated and shed light to my creative brain, and will happily continue to become so.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6.23.2020

3.3.2022 - Thank you for the 3 years!!!! (2019~2022)

1.20.2022