2.18.2021
Today, we were very much busy as we had to prepare for the submission of our video, "Alike". To be honest, we did not have all of our videos completed last night, and I had just started editing all of our clips last night. So, as you can imagine, this experience was one roller coaster of an almost all-nighter. First of all, I had to upload all the clips into movie which took a while since each was approximately 3-4 minutes, and the minimum storage option of my computer was not at all willing to cooperate. While waiting for these clips to be docked into the editing software, I had to also work on the intro and the ending credits which obviously weren't finished, which meant staring down at my screen an hour straight from literally having to animate the movements of the white squiggly blob (which now that the video is uploaded, you would probably know), to the credits rolling down the screen. So if you were wondering why the ending credits were rolling down at inconsistent speeds and just overall bizarrely, was because it was all manual movements. By the time I had finished both the beginning and end, I was already fatigued out.
As much as I would have liked to cheer and gayly celebrate the uploading of Alike's first draft, I was immediately hit with a sense of dread. The second that my unlisted video was uploaded to my Youtube account did I hear a notification from none other than Youtube themselves, mentioning politely about my video being restricted due to its numerous copyright claims. I was devastated, not just because I had to re-upload the 1GB video but also due to the fact that some of my friend's music choices had to be cut out. Initially, we were all planning to choose a piece of music that would melodically and lyrically help persuade their theme about overcoming their insecurities. And during the couple meetings that we held online during the course of the journey, music was a big component that we discussed and analyzed deeply, so having to strip away dedicated time and decision-making was in fact gut-wrenching. However, I had to face the fact that copyright infringement exists in rational reasoning; in order to protect and respect the creativity of artists, so unfortunately we replaced the claimed audio with a similar one.
However, I was quite astounded at the variety of free music available on the Youtube Audio Library, and I would definitely recommend this to anybody who is having a hard time finding the music of their own liking. They offer a variety of genres and themes with different atmospheres to choose from, and it isn't as shady as other free music offering sites, so I would like to incorporate more of this gem for future projects.
Comments
Post a Comment