2.25.2021

 Today, I worked on researching for a different assignment in English class, since luckily, I had finished and submitted my comparison essay already. Lately, I've been using a service called Notion, where I can easily create and organize my day-to-day life, starting with basic to-do lists, all the way to complicated formulas to visualize my progress. Although I haven't gotten around my way and time to enhance my dashboard, I have certainly come to enjoy its design and simplicity. Thanks to my digital planner, I was able to notify myself about just how behind I was with schoolwork, especially when I had found out last week, that the comparison essay was due in the upcoming days, so hurriedly did I blurt out my thoughts onto a 2 paged document and reeled it in Turnitin. I was a little anxious at first about whether my personal opinions would somehow be an exact copy from an academic paper, but obviously, it didn't detect anything, so I was very relieved. 

Anyhow, I still have heaps of work needed to finish, and parallel to that do I need to study for the upcoming exams. Now, I couldn't believe it at first when Mr. Paterson announced that we were going to have a test in LE, but since I understand the objective of it, I was glad I didn't have to prepare anything for it. Besides, who would even try to prepare for a multiple-choice test? Even the Japanese exams given in our school are all critical thinking based, where students would have to actually run their pencils in order to achieve the answer, (Well, except in one class... but I won't go into further detail for privacy reasons) so really I see no point in testing students' academic knowledge on just a chance-based aptitude test. However, like the SAT or other major academic tests, they are all based on the same absurd principle that circling in a few blobs is the epitome of their abilities, which is just unreal. Albeit I understand that many universities seek competent students, meaning that the SAT is only one weighing factor of the whole process, but still, they include it in their process. Not everyone is meant for these tests, so I want to know the effectiveness of these methods, and just how they are interconnected with the intelligence of the pupils. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6.23.2020

3.3.2022 - Thank you for the 3 years!!!! (2019~2022)

1.20.2022