2.9.2021

 Today, we were given the extra time to work on our video projects, while also being explained the criteria in writing our final essay for this year; the compare and contrast paper. Fortunately, we aren't required to write a bibliography which will definitely save a chunk of my time. Nowadays, a lot of our teachers have been assigning homework as well, where they have overlapping due dates, so I was glad that this work won't worsen the laden that we are already given. So, for this class, we checked to see the progress of each of our scenes, where we made sure we were following the main theme of our video. A few weeks ago, I searched up the process of writing and directing a short film, and one thing for sure, I learned the importance of effective script-writing, as it stated clearly that without a good script will never be a good film. 

As I poured my weekends developing the flow of my narration, I was confronted with many adversities, as I had to always balance the level of vocabulary used. Too simple and the overall message flattens, but too difficult would lose its clarity and turn into a complexing Shakespeare-like-story. Moreover, the dialogue needs to push the narrative forward without too much of an essay structure that lists out the points chronologically, and so I ended up with multiple configurations and alternative plot ideas wherein the end, I had to channel them down into the most desirable. Something else that I had to consider in parallel was the camera angles and effects which itself is a totally different mise-en-scene that could veer the direction of the plot into the opposite direction if not thought correctly. In the end, though I was able to create a 9 paged script that mostly composes of detailed captures of the set, movement of the actors, and cinematography.

I hope that this dedication will result in a professional short film, and moreover am excited to showcase this at the film festival as well as the competition too.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5.7.2019

3.3.2022 - Thank you for the 3 years!!!! (2019~2022)

9.3.2020