3.4.2021
Today was the last day of class before the submission of the comparison essays. I was a little worried about the essay that I wrote because prior to me rechecking my work, I was shown a picture of the class notes on the day Mr. Paterson had explained the structure and essentially the components needed for the essay. However, upon first glance, I had noticed a definite difference, in which I didn't divide the paragraphs like what was written on the board, where one paragraph explains the tasks of reading and the subsequent, a re-telling of our personal thoughts and reflections. Instead, it felt unnecessary for me to expand about what we did with our reading assignments into a fully-fledged paragraph because obviously, Mr. Paterson knows what we did, so I focused on expanding my paragraphs based on the reflective elements, where I had divided the sections off into my different viewpoints. But of course, seeing as everyone else was following the exact structure drawn in the image and since I, as a human with human instincts was scared of being "the only one that is doing it differently", I had to double-check with my teacher. Fortunately, I was relieved when I found out that that was only a fundamental example and that breaking the rules is allowed if with rational reasoning, so albeit I can't judge the rationality of my reasoning without any objective feedback, the anxiety that I felt for a moment gradually subsided.
Speaking of anxiety, me and some of my friends who are also in the LE class had a performance coming up on that day as part of a substitute talent show subsequent to the cancellation of Okinawa. We were very nervous and throughout the class, we rehearsed (or more exactly hummed our songs) to make sure the timing of a video that we planned to project in-sync with the performance matched up with the playing. Since I am writing this on a Sunday I know, that it ended with a successful ovation, and I was really glad I got the opportunity to stand with such amazing talents and freely express our art mediums.
Comments
Post a Comment