6.9.2021

 In this class, we shared our university plans as well as the methods of pedagogy from the last class and compared them to see if there are any differences.  Our team heavily put an emphasis on the demonstrative aspects of class and had an overall preference towards having these interactive experiences. However, it was interesting to see that upon sharing, some teams had mentioned reducing the number of demonstrations in their document which was surprising. Instead, they opted for more project-based learning where students prepare their own presentations about their findings throughout the classes, as well as switching up the order of the lessons. Some have decided to showcase the aspects of manipulative media before diving into the Israel-Palestine issue, while some went full 180 and introduced them the other way around. So, in the end, it is only a matter of personal liking when it comes to preferred methods of teaching. After the sharing, we went on to create our own groups, where we would make a website that would feature members as journalists covering topics based on the set audience. During the lesson, we thought to target a teenage demographic since we thought that we can make it more relatable. Narrowing down the concepts, we started talking about what teenagers want as information and channeled it down to aspects of work-life as we tend to distance ourselves from adulting. 

However, once I came home, I had wanted to try out something different, as I kind of reconsidered the whole concept. While I was watching some videos about different topics for information, I came across the idea of double-speak, which is a way of saying the truth that is manipulated in a sense to sound more attractive or unattracitve, based on the situation. It was interesting to see how the term "sugar" was labeled differently in a plethora of products to promote its nutritional value. Although it may not fit a certain demographic, I'm interested in researching more about this topic, since doublespeak occurs not only in the food industry, but innumerable times in the media as well, so it would also be easy to attain some good coverage. Perhaps our website could be about teaching the audience about doublespeak and its sneaky ways of deceiving audiences. I very much liked the concept of the past senpai's with the "Monitoring Media", so if we have the chance to see their work next week, I would also like to take into consideration their ways of sculpting their website. As much as I would like to rant on about this spontaneous idea, I haven't shared them yet so I would like to do so in subsequent classes. Overall, it was enjoyable to be able to have group work again, since the last time we had a semi-long-term project like this was about 2 years ago when we were in year 2. Now that's a very long period of no collaboration... So, I am looking forward to upcoming classes where we get to continue our websites!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5.7.2019

3.3.2022 - Thank you for the 3 years!!!! (2019~2022)

9.3.2020