10.7.2021
Although I hadn't watched the Matrix, I could still decipher that the Meatrix was based on the movie and moreover the characters and famous shots from the franchise. As such, the message that was sent out about the animal cruelty in animal farms and encouraging diets that don't jeopardize these lives was cleverly, humorously, and clearly conveyed. Even if the graphics weren't that high in quality compared to major animations, the fact that this 3 part series stirred a whole movement of veganism and animal activism was appalling to me. This proved the power of an idea surmounting the presentation and the possibilities of changing the eyes of thousands, and I felt this was a successful example of using the right media at the right time. However, discovering the non-existent Japanese translation made me contemplate the lack of Japanese initiative towards activism, just like Mr. Paterson mentioned during class. Now that I reflect, I acknowledge that when it comes to retaliation towards worldly issues, Japanese people don't tend to make way for riots. I speculated that the reasons are due to the collectivist nature of the one race nation, that prevents people from being different and unabiding by societal rules. Despite the developed state that our country is in, I am ashamed of the dearth of action and this made me motivated to challenge Meatrix's Japanese translation.
Something else that was interesting was the recap of John Pilger's documentary on Latin America where the Venezuelan President was bashed for prioritizing the poor over the rich, and especially by not ensuing the American way. Before Venezuela's literacy rate was around 70% and healthcare was privatized and expensive. However, after the inauguration of the president in the documentary, he successfully made university fees free of charge, distributed free healthcare, and provided education for the poor, with over 90% currently able to read and write. I found it impossible to detest someone who was willing to rebuild his own nation and support the growth of youth in rural regions. However, increased knowledge would indicate the likelihood of people unliking the ways of the government and the rich, so media tycoons have been airing convoluted and nonsensical accusations of the president. Although they seem absurd, I know that those who've only ever watched cable TV could be persuaded into radical beliefs. I also understand from the Meatrix and the Matrix as well is that we could all snap out of fairytales if we decide to intake the right pill. In Venezuela's case, it would be unbiased and broadsheet media, and for Meatrix it was facing the truth about animal farms. Nevertheless, both events were truly eye-opening as they persuaded me to cultivate knowledge on buried and shady histories to uncover the truth.
https://themeatrix.com/pages/educate
Comments
Post a Comment